LIVE! Announces Final Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego Shows!
April 13, 2016, Los Angeles, CA: On the Fly Entertainment’s production of Point Break LIVE!, produced and directed by Thomas Blake Jr. and written by Jamie Keeling, the internationally lauded, full-immersion, smash hit, absurdist stage adaptation of the 1992 Keanu Reeves/Patrick Swayze extreme-sports blockbuster, and the
longest running guerilla comedy stage show in Los Angeles history, announces its final Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego performances before it will close for good with the final Los Angeles show at The Dragonfly on Saturday, June 25, 2016.
On the Fly Entertainment’s Point Break LIVE! is Executive Produced by Thomas Blake Jr., who appears in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, NBC’s Aquarius television series, Allegiant, and the forthcoming The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Vincent D'Onofrio, Peter Sarsgaard, and Ethan Hawke. Blake states, "After nearly a decade, and having performed for over 150,000 people from coast-to-coast, we feel that its time to move on to the next chapter in our careers. Point Break LIVE! has been some of the best times of our lives, but what we will really take away from it is the family that we have built around the show and an overwhelming amount of love and gratitude we’ve received from our fans. Thank you Los Angeles for the years of support and we will be coming back with the next epic stage show soon!"
For more info, tickets, cast photos, and video, please: http://www.pointbreakla.com. To arrange an interview with Executive Producer Thomas Blake Jr., please contact Christopher Buttner, contact info above.
· "Point Break LIVE! shamelessly rides the gnarly breakers of travesty until viewers wipe out on the shoals of helpless laughter." - LA TIMES
· "In a nutshell: About the most dead-on dose of hilarity to ever be on stage." - LA.COM
· "Can only be described as all-encompassing, wet, interactive, loud, extreme, and altogether awesome." - LA2Day.com
· “What the play lacked in big Hollywood budget, it more than made up for in good, old fashioned slapstick comedy and deliciously awkward moments.” - Santa Cruz Sentinel
· "So hideously over the top, you can't stop laughing." - LA WEEKLY
· “Point Break LIVE! turns out to be a wild ride.” SFWeekly.com
· “I had a great time at the show and couldn't believe my eyes at how creative and funny these actors were.” Elena Ovalle, Arts and Entertainment Examiner.com
· "Point Break LIVE! is a hilarious and unabashedly satirical mess that demands to be seen.” Andrew Rasley, Chicago Contemporary Arts Examiner
· “For folks who prefer a little adventure with their theater, Point Break LIVE! will be an absolute blast. The evening feels like a night at the theater, a rock n' roll concert and a wild party all rolled into one. It's loud, hysterical and occasionally frightening.” SFWeekly.com
· “The ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ for our generation” - HustlerofCulture.com
· “The cast of Point Break LIVE! and Terminator Too: Judgment Play brought a super high-energy, fun and hilarious new element to the Bonnaroo Cinema experience this year.” - David Owen, Bonnaroo Cinema Curator